The CPS Energy Student Assistance for Education (SAFE) Program is designed to promote higher education for professional careers in public utilities by providing personal development through mentoring and a hands-on learning experiences through paid summer employment at the completion of the student's junior and senior year. Our SAFE internship program is open to highly-successful, incoming high school juniors who are interested in pursuing a college degree in fields related to the energy industry.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Participate in full-time summer employment with CPS Energy for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Attend all activities sponsored by CPS Energy during summer employment
- Must reside in CPS Energy service area
- Pass a drug test and background-check prior to summer employment with CPS Energy
- At least 16 yrs. of age
- Must be a Junior in high school to apply
- Grade average of 3.00 or higher
- Above Average Attendance
Fill out a CPS Energy online application https://careers.cpsenergy.com/
- You will be prompted to upload/attach the following documents to your online application:
- Current High School Transcript; include Class Standing form
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Parent Consent Form, if under the age of 18
- 2 essays on the following topics:
Essay 1: What are your career skills & interests and how are they relevant to CPS Energy?
Essay 2: Safety in the Workplace - What are your thoughts about the following statement?
Read the following: ‘CPS Energy cares about people and safety is emphasized in everything we do. We are all responsible for safety, we train and equip our employees to work as safely as possible.’
Explain how the statement applies to your career interest.