Scammers or imposters are a reality of life today. Be prepared. Here are some important tips to help you avoid being scammed or having your important personal information stolen.
Please remember, WE WILL NEVER:
- Call to demand payment or money (by cash, credit card, iTunes cards, etc.) at your home or business
- Request credit card or banking information over the telephone
- Ask to enter your home unless you have initiated a request for a specific service
If you receive a suspicious call:
- Record the phone number if you have caller I.D.
- Call 911 or local law enforcement immediately
- Call the Security Hotline at 210-353-4000
Remember these rules about payment by phone:
- Payment will always be initiated by you, the customer
- You will make payment directly to our Pay-by-Phone partner, JP Morgan Chase, at the following numbers:
- Residential Customers: 1-877-257-1172
- Commercial Customers: 1-855-290-7615
How to distinguish CPS Energy employees from imposters:
- Company vehicles have a CPS Energy logo, and employees wear uniforms with our logo and will have an I.D. badge with employee number
- Even our contractors are readily identifiable
- In most cases, you will receive advance notice if we plan to do extensive work in your neighborhood
- Employees will almost never ask to come inside your home
- Employees will almost never ask you to come outside
If, on the rare occasion, a CPS Energy employee comes to your door:
- Ask to see the employee's I.D. badge and employee number
- Verify employment with this information by calling our Security Hotline at 210-353-4000
If you suspect someone of stealing uility services, please report this suspicious activity anonymously using our online form: Report Utility Service Theft.