Corporate Sponsorships and Memberships
CPS Energy has a strong tradition of community involvement, working to advance the sustainability and prosperity of the San Antonio region, as well as improving the community we serve.
In serving the Greater San Antonio area, it is essential that we complement our programs and services with community-based partnerships that promote specific business objectives.
A CPS Energy sponsorship or membership must support an organization or event that advances the interests of CPS Energy and its customers and stakeholders.
CPS Energy will only sponsor organizations that have a proven track record in addressing key community needs and that can deliver measurable results for sustainable improvements in the communities in which we serve and operate our business.
Eligible sponsorships must make positive contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Safe, energy efficient use of natural gas and electricity.
- Long-term economic or business development for CPS Energy.
- Improved customer relations, increased customer awareness and/or visibility of CPS Energy.
- Programs to improve the quality of our environment; promote environmental education, conservation and preservation; or support the development of cleaner sources of energy.
- Community development and civic engagement initiatives, particularly those programs that have senior management involvement.
- Education programs that promote math, science, engineering, and technology; improve workforce skills; or encourage individual development through scholarships, mentoring, and internships.
CPS Energy cannot sponsor events or activities related to the following:
- Any group not qualified as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Political or partisan organizations, candidates or events.
- Religious, fraternal, social, or recreational activities.
- Individuals or unincorporated groups or bodies.
- Individual schools (K-12).
- School-affiliated group sponsorships (such as for orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, class parties or team projects).
- Individuals and groups seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips or conventions.
Please see the CPS Energy Corporate Sponsorship & Membership Policy for specific eligibility requirements, screening priorities and other program details. If you believe that your sponsorship or membership request meets CPS Energy’s requirements, please submit your request using the link below.
View our Corporate Sponsorship Policy | Request a Sponsorship
What you’ll need:
- Evidence of tax-exempt status under section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Amount of funds requested. Description of intended use of requested funds; who will benefit and how they will benefit.
- Overall budget and related program details.
- Description of how the organization will measure results and report outcome of the use of funds being requested.
Please allow 60 days for the review of sponsorship and membership requests. Following the review of each request for sponsorship, the Corporate Responsibility Department will notify the applicant and/or submitting organization in writing as to whether the request is approved or declined. If you have questions or comments, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.