We offer help to those who provide emergency response for our country to include Firefighters and Police. Our First Responders with Burn Injuries Discount Program provides electric bill payment assistance to those who have significantly decreased abilities to regulate their core body temperatures due to severe burn injuries sustained in the course of providing first responder duties.
Qualified electric customers will receive:
- Up to $94 per month off the electric portion of their CPS Energy bills, from April through October.
There is also assistance available through other programs, including:
- Our electric Affordability Discount Program, which is for November through March billing.
- Our Affordability Gas Discount Program, which assists with natural gas bills.
- You may participate in only one electric discount program at a time
- You may participate in the Affordability Gas Discount Program while receiving the First Responders with Burn Injuries discount.
- A medical facility certification is required for eligibility.
- Medical confirmation will be required every 24 months.
- The discount is only applicable on one CPS Energy account.
- The discount applies only to the home where you currently live.
- The discount applies even if you are not the customer of record.
- The discount may not result in a credit balance (for example: the discount for a $50 bill will be a maximum of $50).
Apply for the Burned First Responder’s Discount Program by printing and completing an application. Have your medical facility fax the completed application to (210) 353-3666. You may also call (210) 353-4338 to request an application. Applicants must be City of San Antonio residents
For more information: