Before you buy a new appliance read the big yellow label carefully. It may help you make an even more energy-efficient and cost-effective decision.
Here’s what it tells you:
- Key features of the product, which are similar to products compared in the cost range below
- The manufacturer, model and size of the product
- Estimated annual operating cost for the appliance based on a national average cost for energy
- The range of annual operating costs of similar models, and how this model compares to those products
- The estimated amount of electricity (in kilowatt hours) this model uses in one year
- The ENERGY STAR logo shows this appliance exceeds federal energy efficiency standards (uses less energy than standard models)