Here are a few frequently asked questions to help you better understand the CPS Energy Smart Thermostat. If you don’t find the answer you need, call us toll-free at 1-866-222-7645.
How does the program work?
- When CPS Energy needs to reduce demand, we’ll send a signal to the thermostat starting a "Conservation Event." During this event, CPS Energy will make adjustments to decrease the amount of energy being used.
- During an event, your thermostat will display "Savings."
When do these “conservation events” usually happen?
- Events usually happen on weekdays, May through September, excluding holidays and weekends. However, system emergencies can happen at any time causing an event.
Can I skip an event?
- Yes, you may opt-out of an event by calling 1-866-222-7645.
- If you have the Total Connect Comfort app, you can opt-out by making adjustments on your phone.
Will my house get hot?
- Most people don’t notice when a conservation event occurs.
Does this give CPS Energy control of my thermostat?
- You always have complete control over how the thermostat is programmed.
How does the Smart Thermostat help me save on my energy bill?
- A conventional thermostat may allow the temperature of your home to vary within three degrees of the set point. Your Smart Thermostat will generally keep your home’s temperature within a degree of the set point.
- By programming the thermostat to raise and lower your home’s temperature based on your schedule, you can save on cooling and heating costs.
What if I have a problem with my thermostat?
- CPS Energy maintains a Smart Thermostat hotline, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 1-866-222-7645.
Can I cancel my participation?
- We encourage customers to stay enrolled a minimum of three years, after which the Smart Thermostat becomes your personal property.
- Yes, you may drop out before the three-year period is over by calling 1-866-222-7645.