To maintain the overall health of our infrastructure and utility system, we have to occasionally close roads to perform upgrades, maintenance and replacements. The road closures below are scheduled but on occasion, we are forced to close roads to make unscheduled repairs to our equipment.
The below schedule and timeline are subject to change. Thank you for your patience as we work to provide you with safe and reliable electric and gas service.
NEW LAW: CPS Energy reminds you as of September 1, the Move Over Slow Down law now includes the requirement to move over or slow down for utility vehicles with flashing lights. Help keep our crews safe.
Sunday September 22, 2019
- Time Frame: 7 AM – 1 PM
- Zip Code: 78222
- Location: Loop 410 and E. Southcross Rd.
- Scope of Work: System Improvement
- CPS Energy Contractor, Chain Electric, will be setting a 95’ overhead electric distribution pole and removing the primary line crossing Southcross, just west of loop 410
- One rolling highway closures on Loop 410 going Eastbound & Westbound at Southcross
- Shoulder closure on Loop 410 access road going Eastbound & Westbound at Southcross (5-15 min per TxDOT)
- Two Message Boards have been placed per TxDOT request
Monday, September 9, 2019 and continues – Monday, September 30, 2019 (tentatively)
- Time Frame: 2 to 3 weeks working 24/7 per TxDOT (permanent closure)
- Location: Broadway between Hildebrand and Allenworth St. MAP IT
- Zip Code: 78209
- Scope of Work: System Improvement, Circuit reconfiguration
- Two right lanes of Broadway southbound closed between Hildebrand and Allenworth
- Contractor, Zachry, will be installing an underground primary duct bank.
- Message Boards have be placed per TxDOT
Our community continues to grow. As it does, we're enhancing and adding new infrastructure as well as updating and improving current infrastructures. This helps ensure safe, reliable gas and electric service for existing and future customers.
If there will be a planned power outage in your area, we will work to provide sufficient notice via mail 30 days prior to the planned outage and a phone call the day before. To help us contact you promptly, please take a moment to confirm or update your contact information in Manage My Account.
Planned outages are scheduled for the following zip codes through September 2019:
78240 78232 78216 78250 78251 78247 78234 78239 78254 78222 78228 78249 78228 78229
78219 78231 78230 78213 78218 78244 78245